Step back in time at the former Levisham station master’s house for the complete holiday escape…
Set alongside the most remote and beautiful station on the North Yorkshire Moors steam railway, Levisham Station House has been lovingly restored and equipped to its pre-war prime… but with mod cons ranging from wi-fi to dishwasher hidden away for your comfort and pleasure.
Current accommodation sleeps 4(5)* and includes:
- double en-suite bedroom (with an optional extra single bed)
- twin bedroom, both rooms with stunning views along the platform
- bathroom with traditional-style suite and electric shower
- kitchen with traditional sink and range (and a pantry full of mod cons!)
- sitting room with woodburner and wind-up gramophone (plus a sneaky TV!)
- hallway complete with harmonium, for the musically minded
Visitors share the front garden with Station House owner Mr Ware senior and his son Chris, who will be working in the adjacent art studio. The back of the property is currently being landscaped and the conservatory smartened up for the private use of visitors.
Guests will also enjoy special NYMR membership for the week, in the name of Walter Artley – Levisham’s last full time signalman and de facto station master, resident at Station House with his family between 1931 to 1946.
We are now accepting bookings for 2016/17, with a special introductory reduction this July, August and September.
* Further renovations will restore the former ticket office to a bed/sitting room, increasing the house’s capacity to 6(7) guests by October 2016. The work will continue between visits, so you can be assured peace and quiet from building work during your stay.
Rental prices per week are £500 (low season), £700 (mid season), £900 (high season).
For all enquiries, please contact Chris.